Want to join the discussion and find out what other sustainability-minded individuals in Evanston are buzzing about? Join one of these Google Groups to get started.
Click on each of the groups to read more about them!
Instructions for Joining Groups:
If you have a Gmail or Google Account …
1. Click on the link of the group you desire joining.
2. If you’re already signed into Gmail, you can simply click the blue box near the top of the page it leads you to that says “join group.” If you are not signed into your Gmail account, click “Sign In” in the top right corner in red, and sign in. Once you have done this, you can click the blue box that says “join group.”
3. Once a pop-up box appears, you can adjust your account settings before officially joining the group. For example, you can decide if you want the Google group to send you daily summaries of what is going on in the Google group, or stick with the default of “Don’t send email updates.” You can also decide whether or not you want automatic email updates when people respond to a topic you posted in (Note: The default is to NOT be notified via email if someone responds to a topic you post in).
If you do not have a Gmail or Google Account …
1. You will have to make one. This does not mean you will have to ever use the Gmail address you are provided with, but it’s part of signing up for a Google Account. After clicking on a Google group of your choosing, click “Sign In” in the top right-hand corner.
2. This will lead you to a page with another red box in the upper right hand corner that says “Sign Up.” Click “Sign Up.”
3. Follow Google’s instructions for setting up account. It’s free and user-friendly to do.
4. Once you have signed up, return to the Discussion page on our website, click the group you would like to join, and click “join group.”