The City is seeking input on ways to renovate and improve Fountain Square Plaza. While certain plaza functions will remain, such as the Veterans Memorial and some type of fountain, we want to hear your thoughts about what additional amenities and activities should happen in the “space”. We are defining the “space” as the plaza itself as well as Sherman Avenue between Church and Davis and adjacent landscape areas.
Have an idea? Here’s how you can get involved, after October 13, 2014:
- Leave us a message at one of the brightly colored mailboxes around Fountain Square.
- Visit one of our participating downtown businesses to leave a ‘tip’ in the tip jar. Entering a tip will earn you an opportunity to win a $25 downtown Evanston gift card (Drawings will occur weekly).
- Follow @City of Evanston on Instagram, tag us in your photo and use #MyFountainSquare to share your ideas.
- For the kids: Coloring pages can be found at the Library, Historical Society and City’s website. Bring your coloring pages to one of the events scheduled for Fountain Square
- Join us on Sherman Avenue between Church and Davis during our Halloween and Harvest events Saturday, October 25th through Monday, October 27th.
All input comments are due November 21, 2014. Comments will be used to develop 4 conceptual visions of the “space” that will be revealed in early 2015.
To accommodate the Halloween and Harvest event, Sherman Avenue between Church Street and Davis Street will be closed from 6am on Saturday, October 25th through 8am on Tuesday, October 28th.
For additional information please contact:
Senior Project Manager